• Environmental education to rural communities, through workshops, fairs & street plays.
• Providing for sustainable livelihood in the North East Himalayan Region, through forest conservation.
• Works with various participatory planning processes & action plan, with Govt. & Non-Govt. Organizations to ensure a green economy & sustainable development.
• The Himalayas are a treasure house of resources, where the forest dwellers dependency on nature is high. Creating the balance between conservation of forest and supporting the livelihood of the people.
• Supporting the mountain people by facilitating alternative livelihood.
Richest in Bio-Diversity, KCC has banned the use of fuel wood by trekkers, illegal grazing, hunting, poaching & illegal sales of medicinal plants, working closely with the National Park and Forest Dept.
• Conservation of the lakes/wetlands. Lakes are being overly used and mismanaged by tourism. Instrumental with the work done at Lake Samiti, which is at 13,000 ft
• Waste assorted in to recyclable, reusable, hazardous, non-recyclable at the resource recovery centre.